Thursday, March 29, 2007

The World Revolves Around $

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And I hate that.

We dish out thousands of dollars, to go to school, to get an education, to graduate, to go to college, to earn a degree, and to go out into the world and make more money so we can pay it out in sweat, tears, arms and limbs back to the government so that they can fund all the other crap going on around the world. There's life in a nutshell. Live, pay taxes, and die.

Basically, we spend a ton of money to take a few classes, pass a few courses, and earn our degree in whatever field we're going into. You can pass with a D average. That means that just about ANYONE could get a degree if they have the money to. So who says that some guy with a D-average from some prestigeous school isn't performing brain surgery right now? Whos to say our technicians aren't all slobs who just happened to come from rich families? I'm over exaggerating a bit here... My point is that my only motivation right now in college is to keep scholarships I have. I have to get a 3.0 atleast to get about $1500 a year. Right now, I think I have about a 2.8 gpa. Honestly, I don't really care. I'm working pretty hard. I'll admit it's not my best. But I have a job. I have a social life. So I don't want to spend all my free time working on a research paper that counts for 1/4 of my grade. Sue me. I don't know... maybe I'm stressing over things that don't really matter much... And I think that's what's getting to me, really. I'm tired of stressing about things. I want to live! lol

Money isn't exactly a great motivation factor for me. I don't care much about it. If I want something, I'm gonna just buy it and worry about it later. I'm not a stupid shopper. I don't indulge in everything that I want. I don't just go on shopping sprees and spend hundreds of dollars. The most i'll get is like a new pair of shoes, or a few new cds or something like that. That's it. But in terms of like scholarships, I feel like I'll end up paying it all back to my parents anyway, and I'll hopefully make enough in my career that later on, it won't really matter. Because honestly, I don't think it will matter.

Bottom line, I don't want money to rule my life. I don't want to worry about it all the time. I don't want it to be something that hangs over my head any time I use a credit card (which I actually still don't have). Other than that... I'm just stressing about school and the fact that my parents are going to be pretty pisssed off at me when they find out that I'm losing this scholarship that I didn't even apply for... my dad did. :-P I'll just give them $1500. I started paying for gas now too, because I got tired of my parents complaining about money. That's what I DONT like. It's what I dont want to hear. So I thought I'd ease that burden off their hands and put it into mine. I guess I have to get used to it anyway.

I can't wait to move out and live out my career... whatever and where ever that actually means... Who knows.

I hate money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate money to,
its horible that our seociety revolves completely around money and i know what u mean im working a full time job and going to school full time its really tough and then my parents want me to clean my car or my room, im like dose it look like i have time or even want to.
but ya its like you cant even do any thing fun without having to spend some sort of money it blows :(
and you know what else sucks is that wealthy people can basically do what they want like paris hilton only has to spend like 1 day in jail thats so bs you know if that was any middle class person doin what ever she did they would be in the slammer for a while, alot longer then 1 day.

well good luck in college
Andrew Smith