Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Track Record

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I went and saw the Track Record at Fletchers last night. They're always really good live. I've only seen them one other time, and we were actually late to that one. lol But I really like their sound. The music is always jumping around and it sounds really unique. The breaks, the changes, the hooks, the lyrics, the progressions, the builds, everything. It's all really really good. In my opinion anyway.

I actually wished that they would have played more from their EP. Their debut album "The Coolest Kind of Crazy" is very similar to the sound of the EP but I definitely think that the EP has more conviction to it. More of a message. Where the album seems more "written to be written" if that makes sense of any kind. I love their music though. It's very active. Lively. Makes you want to dance. lol

My favorite song on the album is "Available/Responsible" - so I was happy that they played that one. But I really did want to hear "Letters to Summer." That's a great song off of their EP.

But other than that, it was a really good show, and a fun night. :-)

No comments: