Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Random thoughts and questions

Do you ever wonder why we care about all those people in Hollywood? Like, who made them famous? Who's the top of all that? Where's the "industry" come in? I know there are explanations, but how come those people aren't the "famous ones"? I don't know. I'm thinking just randomly. Like, who cares that so-and-so got a boob job, or that whats-her-face shaved her head bald? Why do we need to keep up with all their lives when it's so hard to keep track of your own? I'm not saying that we're all completely obsessed, but it makes me wonder what they think when they see their faces plastered on the headlines and in magazines. How come no one wants to interview "the real people" in the "real world" on TV? Again just random thoughts. Don't take me too seriously on all this. I know a lot of people are famous because they are "talented" but that's so loose these days. It's about the look, the profile, I don't know. Whatever else. But then I want to think that the people that write the music, the people that write the scripts for all these great movies should get more credit than the actors. The directors are much more talented than the actors and actresses, in my opinion. Well, and that depends. Anyway...moving on.

You ever wonder about the people who got stuck with jobs like cardboard box production? I feel bad for those people. It's like, I consider them to all have such great potential. Or atleast I hope they do... And then you think, "well if no one made cardboard boxes, we'd run out of them." Where would we be without cardboard boxes? And it's not all about cardboard. What about toothbrush production? Toothpicks? Tires? All the sticker labels that go on everything? Street signs? Anything that we take for granted, you know? Who makes all that? Garbage cans. Paper and pencils. CD cases. Lightbulbs.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAnd then there's packaging peanuts! Oh boy...

Although...we all know where all that stuff is made: China, Japan, and Taiwan.

Do you ever think that they think Americans are crazy for half the stuff we get produced over there? What do you think they all thought the first time they saw "Spongebob Squarepants" coming down the production line? lol I dont know. I think about stuff like that.

And then you start thinking about all the labor done by like children and stuff, and it makes you really sad. :-( I wont talk about that though. Too sad.

But back to what I was saying earlier, what if all those people just decided they didn't want to make lightbulbs anymore? What if someone said, "I'm done working at the tic-tac factory!" And all the people who make the machinery for factories that make the cardboard boxes. What if they stopped making it? Stopped designing it? Fixing it at all? I know my points aren't very valid. I'm just thinking abstractly and randomly. So take it with a grain of salt that I'm extremely bored, and tired.

I'm gonna take a nap now. I hope you liked my "points" if I had any. haha

No comments: