Monday, March 5, 2007

Newsboys Concert

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So last night I went to the First Mariner Arena to see the Newsboys in concert there. It was long, cold, tiresome, and a little boring at some times. But I did enjoy myself. Mostly the conversation.

The two bands before them were kind of poser-ish. Adam and I had fun discussing them after each set. The first band that went on we decided "couldn't decide on what to paint the baby room because they didn't know the gender." They had baby blue electric guitars, a hot pink drum set lined with pink furr, and one of them had a checkered flying V guitar that made your eyes hurt to look at. They sounded like a desperate cross between Cartel and Blink 182. After mentioning that to Adam, about 10 seconds later they used the lyric "a day late, a buck short." Laughter. :-)

The second band was better. They had one guitar that costed more than the entire previous band's set. Found that funny as well.

I don't know why bands insist on the audience jumping sometimes. That's stupid. Every song they were like "We want you to go CRAZY!" and it would be a ballad or something. So I kept on turning over and making crazy movements just to emphasize the hilarity of the fact that they wanted us to "go crazy."

"Where's my straight jacket?!?!?!"

Anyway... the headliners, "Newsboys," are this Australian christian-rock group. They were really good. Not the greatest, but atleast by the end of it I wasn't disappointed in going at all.

Overall a fun night. Not nearly as fun as the Ataris, but there were definitely quotes to remember from that. I'll leave it at the best one:

"That could have been epic...but it wasn't."

No comments: