Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Recording: Take Me Somewhere

So today I wrote a song: Take Me Somewhere. I recorded it today too. It sounds pretty good except for a few parts that are choppy, and not in time... but other than that I'm pretty happy with the way that it turned out.

You can check it out at www.myspace.com/abbyfisher

Or you can just read about it... your choice.

Anyway... writing it was the easy part. Recording was the part that really tripped me up. I programmed all the drums and guitar parts myself, because I can't actually do that kind of thing myself. :-P

To put in the snare part, I had to hit the "d" button on my keyboard really fast. And then to get everything in time, and make it sound decent... it's a lot harder than it all sounds.

But anyway, I'm pretty happy with the outcome, so you really should check it out if you're interested. I might start recording more solo material more often, but we'll see... I may just have that be material for my band, "The End All." Who knows...

Have a nice day.

No comments: