Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Shoes and Jewelry

Two of my greatest weaknesses: shoes, and jewelry. I see a pair of cute shoes, or a really pretty necklace, and I just melt. It's not really all that extreme, but sometimes I wish I had a ton of cash to blow on that kind of thing. I usually blow it on CDs, but other than that I'm a big saver. I make myself feel bad for indulging in things I want. I do, or my mom does. Either way, I'll end up feeling bad.

I was in Liz Claiborne the other day... big mistake. I saw these adorable flip-flop type dress shoes: they were turquoise with sequence lining the strap across the top. And they were $70.00. I don't know about you...but that's a little much for a "nice" pair of flip flops. Nice as they were, I wouldn't pay $70.00 for them. But they were amazing. I want them. I'm not all that big on feet - keep yours away from me. I don't mind my own though. Most of the time they look cute (to me anyway), but only because I take care of them, get pedicures, paint them with clear nailpolish, and clean them daily. I also like to fashion them, when I can, with cute shoes, like the ones at Liz's.

Jewelry is my other killer. I have a wall on the inside of my closet just lined with necklaces. I'm bigger on necklaces than with earrings, or bracelets, or anything. But I will wear them if they match the necklace I chose to wear that day. Either way, I love jewelry. I have lots of blues. They're my favorites. That's because blue is, of course, my favorite color.

Sometimes I'll take up making my own jewelry, but you'd be surprised at how much more expensive it is to try and make your own than it is to just buy something that looks like what you want. Granted, I have some good ideas when it comes to fashioning jewelry, but my ideas are pretty costly.

Either way, I love jewelry and shoes. I'm always asking for one or the other, or wanting one or the other. My closet is full of shoes, and the wall is covered in jewelry. Maybe when I figure out a better way to organize, I can expand.

Same with CDs. The top shelf in my closet is lined completely with CDs - all in alphabetical order, of course. And I have room for about maybe 5 or 6 more. That'll be like one trip to R&TT. haha

So now you know my obsessions.

No comments: