Thursday, April 26, 2007

Peace of Mind

There have been a lot of things weighing into my stress levels lately: schoolwork, school in general, work in general, stuff going on at home, my social life, my family, etc. But I'm kind of getting that thinks will work out. I'm starting to understand that a lot of things going on in my life aren't worth worrying about.

This is how I've come to find a peace of mind I guess.

I started working out every day, I'm eating healthy, I'm getting out more, I'm doing the things that I want to do because I want to do them, and I'm kind of brushing off the "worry factor" for right now. Worrying is for people who are thousands of dollars in debt, with a mortgage payment, and a sucky job that they have to sit through just to get by. I'm not, and hopefully won't ever be one of those people. Knock on wood. Nah I'm pretty good with money, so the financial situation shouldn't be too much of a hassle for me in the future. I don't need much.

Other than that though, I'm starting to build personal self esteem. All this working out stuff makes me feel a lot better image wise, and I kind of hold myself to that. I'm not cocky, because I'm still pretty critical on myself. But I'm not exactly hanging my head in shame anymore. I kinda raise my chin a bit these days. I think to myself, "you know, it doesn't matter what they think. just be happy with yourself. And if that makes other people happy, awesome." I figure if I'm gonna mean anything to the world, I have to mean something to myself first. That's where I'm starting. Starting over, sort of.

I'm not changing anything about myself. Just my personal perception.

And with that, I've aquired a sense of peace. No more bummed out, bad mood, stressed out, worry driven me.

Now it's just me. Nice to meet you. :-)

No comments: