Monday, May 14, 2007

My Favorite Flower

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, so I figured out what my favorite flower is: the Chrysanthemum, daisy: meaning fidelity. In some countries of Europe and Spain, chrysanthemums are symbolic of death and are only used during funerals to put on the grave. Wow, not a pleasant fact... I may re-evaluate my favorite flower. Ha, no just kidding. It's still my favorite.

They were titled the official flower in the state of Chicago in 1966. It's also the flower of November. (Good old Wikipedia) It's in the daisy family, so I wasn't really far off when I said that my favorite flower was a daisy (before today).

The ones I like best look like the ones in the picture. I really like the brighter colored ones, like the magenta, or orange. I found that out when I bought my mom some flowers on mother's day - it was a bouquet of chrysanthemums. I bought them for her, specifically, but only because I liked them so much. ;-)

It's funny though, I never pictured myself as a flower person. I thought they were frivilous and tacky because it would be a waste of money to just buy something that's already dead, you know? But now I think I rather like them. I wouldn't want them all the time, but every now and then would be nice. :-)

No comments: