Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day

My mom is so hard to shop for. She generally goes out and buys things she needs/wants when she sees it, or as soon as she realizes that it's something she needs/wants. So this year, when she was about to buy something for herself, I forced her to put it back, and said, "No Mom, Mother's Day is coming up."

Not doing anything extreme this year...it's not like we do anything "extreme" any other year. But in any case, we're just going out to dinner, and then they always do something at church on Sunday morning for it. I made a video of all the children and young adults saying why they love their mom, and put music underneath it. Not just any music, the kind of music that just forces tears from your eyes the second it starts. Needless to say, it's gonna be pretty emotional, and I made sure of it. I even tested the final product on my mom. She was crying about 2 minutes in. And it's 15 minutes long. haha

So appreciate your moms. I hope you all have one. :-/ But in any case, they do a lot for us, and went through a lot for us. I won't turn this blog into a sappy hallmark card, but just go out of your way to do something nice for her tomorrow. Anything, really. Doesn't take much.

No comments: