Thursday, February 22, 2007

Worst Case Scenario

This sounds really bad, but wherever I am, whatever situation I'm in, I'm always thinking about things in worst case scenario. If I'm driving on the highway, I'll imagine the semi next to me catching fire or flipping over on top of me, or coming into my lane. Or I'll imagine a car coming from the other side and hitting me head on and smashing through the front windshield. I consider every minute detail too: the ambulances, the traffic problems, the way people would find out about it, a crime scene investigation where they have to identify me by a single finger that they find on the site...

Maybe I watch too much TV or something. Who knows.

But it's with other people too. Not just me. Someone doesn't call when they say they're going to, or they aren't home when they say they're going to be home, or something like that. I don't know. I never want "logical excuses" - I hear those all the time. So I guess my "wild imagination" just likes to toy with me sometimes, and sometimes it really has me worried about things.

So just know that any time you don't call when you say you will, or you're really late to something you said you'd be on time to, just know that I think you've been captured by mad scientists who are now testing to see whether or not red bull really does give you wings if you've consumed enough of it.

No comments: