Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Creativity Strikes Again

I'm a very spontaneous person when it comes to crafts, or creative projects. I randomly decided to paint a mural on my wall, and it looks really good. I decided to start sewing, and I got pretty good at it. I decided I wanted to learn how to make bombs and nuclear weapons, and...well that's another story.

Today I went out and bought a lot of fabric. I'll make a lot of different things: I got some specifically to make my sister a purse. I also bought some to make myself a little carry around bag. I made it in about 2 hours and put a "Beatles" logo on it. It looks pretty good if I say so myself.

But all this makes me wonder: should I just start some kind of home business where I sell things that I make? I could do it, but it would take a lot of time, and a lot of work. Plus I only like doing this kind of thing when I'm in the mood to. Someone would fill out an order for something, and I'd reply saying, "oh ask me later. I'm not in the mood to fill that order right now..." or "ask for something different. I don't want to make that."

Heres the purse I made:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I still need to re-do the edges of the lettering so that it's more exact, but i'd say that was pretty good for only 2 hours work. I also need to add a pocket and maybe lining to thei inside. It's about 14x16'' and the straps are about 16'' from the top of the bag to the shoulder, so 32'' full length. I like it a lot. It will serve me well. :-) You can't go wrong with the Beatles.

No comments: