Thursday, February 22, 2007

Therapy session Number 2: Goals

I have a lot of doubts when it comes to the future. The world as we know it will eventually be run by rich morons. Oh wait..it's like that now, isn't it? Well anyway, the future is pretty intimidating. Scary. Uncontrollable.

Basically anything that is "unknown" to me kind of intimidates me. Like men, for instance. I would try to come up with some witty comparisson between the future as we know it and men, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe later. (hopefully you caught the irony in that)

Anyway, the future. To deal with the questions I have for the future, I make goals for myself for "now" that could hopefully brighten the future. Here's a short list that I have going right now:

1) Exercise daily
2) Drink more water
3) Read something every day (stimulating - i.e. novels, articles, newspapers, etc.)
4) Get straight A's
5) Stop all the nervous habits
6) Write more

And then just to make all the other goals more efficient for me to complete, I throw in other random ones that I probably couldn't ever do:

7) Solve world hunger - so far my answer to this one is "rice"
8) Take off the "H' and the "D" to make it say "ollywoo"
9) Destroy France

There's something about having a set list of goals and thingsto follow through on that make you feel a lot better about yourself and how you're going to "turn your life around." I don't do the whole "new years resolution" thing - that's just setting yourself up for disaster. But when out of nowhere I decide, "you know what? I'm gonna do this," it's so much more exhilarating.

Hopefully I'll get through this list. Ones I've made in the past usually end up thrown away or forgotten about.

Who knows. I can see the headline now: "FRANCE SUDDENLY BURST INTO FLAMES AND NO ONE CARES."

No comments: