Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'll Get Back To You

One of these days
I'll take the time to see you
I'll take the time to feel you
I'll take you.

Someday I might take what's mine
Use what's mine
Spend it. Feed it. Waste it all.
Mine.

Whether I'm here for you or I
does it matter?
I'm here.
Take it how you will.

When we're all going to live and die
Is it up to you if I'm happy?
Is it up to you if I'm sad?
Do you care at all?

Condensation is the greatest give away
Whether it's on your skin or on the drink in your hand
You know you've been here too long
and you haven't taken one sip.

Tell the night it's yours to lose
Tell the morning to grow a face
Tell your folks you're sorry for screwing everything up
Tell the world you found your place

And if you ask me where I stand
ask me where I am
on falling in and out of love
on and life and living
on hope and caring and feeling
on trying and failing and wishful thinking
on trial and error and everything in between the crevices of known and unknown
on happiness

I'll get back to you.

No comments: