Thursday, May 1, 2008

End of the Semester Blues

I'm at a stage in my life where all the pieces seem to be connecting one after the other, and I have to detach myself from that. I have a stable job, with awesome new friends, some "potentials", I'm getting really good grades this semester, I finished re-doing my room (well mostly finished), I'm a Sunday School teacher and that's working out really well, things are just "connecting."

The detachment I'm referring to is transferring this fall. It's been on my mind for a while now and I'm 90% sure I'm gonna do it.
Things are going pretty well. I’m doing all right.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I think entirely too much, and don’t act often enough with my heart. My gut has the wrong idea, pretty much all the time. I just need to chill out and appreciate things. It’s awful.

I’m stressing over silly things too... which im teaching myself little by little to not do. I over-react and it ends up biting me in the butt with repercussions... and it makes me think things are so much worse than they really are.

But all in all...everything’s really good. I like my job, the work anyway, and I like where things look, or seem to be going.

More likely than not, I’m moving to Ohio this fall for school. I think it’s gonna be a really good thing for me to just get away, and live somewhere else for a while. I’ll come back, hopefully changed in more ways than one, and kind of start fresh. I don’t intent to live in Maryland, or at least not this part of it anyway... Staying in one place doesn’t sound like the "me" I know right now. The "me" I’m figuring out is restless, and not at all content with anything... So it’s time to break out of the comfort zone. do something different. And for me. Not for anyone else. I need to stop basing things I do/say on the opinions of everyone/everything around me... start just "being."

I’m not gonna go "Into the wild" on everyone and just disappear completely, but I need to do something along the lines of figuring out who I am. I know that sounds entirely cliche, but I don’t even care. It’s the truth. And that’s all I’m up for right now.

So with that... I’m happy to say I can’t wait to figure out who that is.

I’ll be here all summer, and working up until the point that I actually move out to Ohio, and until then I also hope to hang out with as many of you (that I want to) as I physically can. Soooo.... yeah. Thats all I guess.

-Abby

No comments: