Thursday, December 11, 2008

Twilight (the movie) Review

Recently saw the critically acclaimed film "Twilight" based on the hit series by Stephanie Meyer. After seeing the previews, I was a bit biased to the whole ordeal thinking it was going to be a bit too formulated, and poorly written/acted out. I was also nervous that the perceptions that I had come up with from the book would be diminished by the film, and what I pictured wouldn't be played out correctly.

That said, I went into the movie feeling a bit pessimistic and like I'd be walking out saying, "Yeah I was right...that was lame." Having gone into it with that mind set, I'm pleased to say that I did enjoy the movie. It's not a blockbuster hit by any means or a "top 10", but I think it had a good go at the ideas that Stephanie Meyer presented in the novel.

Don't confuse my words though - it was NOT the quality of the book by any means, but it was enjoyable. So if you can take the aspect you like from the book with a grain of salt going into it, I think you could enjoy it too. It also had some unexpected humor that I definitely appreciated. It gave it a more redeeming quality to it.

:-)

No comments: