Thursday, September 6, 2007

When people like the sound of their own voice...

That is another pet peeve of mine. People who talk their heads off, and you feel like they must talk to themselves when they're alone just because they like talking so much. This one girl was walking down the hallway, and shes talking, nay, yelling across the hall to her friend.

Annoying girl: Hey I'll be right back...blablablablabla...I need to blablablablabla...and after that blablablablabla...I also need to go potty!

...stop right there. Who SAYS that??? "I need to go potty"???? Holy crap. A college student sounds like a 5 year old.... Strike two.

Other girl: Ok, me too.
Annoying girl: Ok...blablablablabla I'll be right back.

She says "potty" about 6 more times when she comes back, and I'm just sitting there, annoyed, thinking "what is the world coming to?" When I know it's already gone... So...

Another story. Just as random. Might be pointless to you, but in the actual situation, it would've annoyed you all the same.

My sister. Wow. She loves to talk. She throws in hand motions to elaborate the things she says, but her voice clearly takes care of all the emphasis she'd ever need to cover 10 conversations...

I drive her to college in the mornings because she doesn't have her license. Strike one.

She talks the WHOLE ride to her boyfriend Bryan, or just asks me stupid questions. Strike two.

She turns down my music if she can't talk over it. Strike three.

She's out.

Anyway... you get the idea. I can't stand people who just talk because they love the sound of their own voice. Stupid questions, phrases that include the grammar and vocabulary of a 5 year old... yeah. Anything like that... Drives me crazy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do you call these rants! jealousy?

Abby said...

Well, ranting is basically me letting out steam. It's not really the same as "liking the sound of my own voice." Although I like expressing myself like this, I'm by no means conceited, or fully indulged in my own perspective. I'll share it, like this, but it doesn't mean I expect people to want to hear it. That's the difference.

Anonymous said...

I kinda feel the same way about bloggers. They love to hear the sound of their own voice in their heads and then type it.

Anonymous said...

Obviously hasn't got time for people. Everyone is different. Hasn't it occurred to you they might be nervous, so talk a lot?

Unknown said...

I have people who live by me have no idea why i hang out with them besides to pass the time. They'll talk and when I try to talk they'll repeat themselves over and over its like seriously i was trying to help. So I just sit back and watch them mess up and i leave cause why let them complain after if they didn't want to here me. Good thing an Hour is my limit for those people.